Several Georgians Got Salmonella After Eating Tainted Cantaloupe!

ATLANTA — People in Georgia should be careful after getting sick from eating contaminated pre-cut melon, according to health officials. The Georgia Department of Public Health said in a news release that at least five people in Georgia got salmonella from eating the rotten fruit. 117 people across the country have become sick, and almost half have had to go to the hospital.

Health officials say that one person from Georgia was treated but has already been released. There are cases all over the state. There are no big chunks of it in one place. Also, the people with salmonella range in age from 1 to 81. The recalled Georgian melon was sold at Sprouts Farmers Market, Trader Joe’s, and Kroger. It came in chunks that were already cut up or fruit mixes. The news statement said that whole cantaloupes with the stickers “Malichita” or “Rudy” with the number 4050 and “Product of Mexico” are also contaminated.

Cantaloupe that isn’t a Malichita or Rudy brand should not be eaten, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Also, they say to throw away the melon if it has been recalled. People who have salmonella often have diarrhoea, fever, and stomach cramps. People who get sick usually get better independently in four to seven days.

Read More: A New Law Guards the Rights of Tens of Thousands of New York Workers!

Click this link to learn more about the salmonella incident linked to cantaloupe.

 

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officials are worried about the spread because the people who got sick from the cantaloupe had very bad illnesses with fevers above 102 degrees. Health officials said that washing the fruit can eliminate some germs but doesn’t make you less likely to get salmonella.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.