Felony Charges Return to Washington City Masseuse After Los Angeles Jail Call

A former male masseuse in Washington City, Utah, has been arrested and is now facing multiple second-degree felony charges following a lengthy investigation into allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior. The suspect, identified as 35-year-old Yao Geng, was employed at a massage parlor near Red Cliffs Drive.

The case unfolded after an initial report in May, which led to the issuance of an arrest warrant.

The investigation uncovered a disturbing pattern, with a total of six customers reporting similar allegations of sexual abuse involving Geng during his employment at the massage business.

While some of the individuals expressed reluctance to be considered victims, they provided consistent accounts of inappropriate actions during their appointments.

The incidents involved various customers, most of whom had their first massage at the establishment. They described how everything appeared normal initially, but the massages took a distressing turn when Geng allegedly engaged in sexual misconduct.

One customer detailed how he realized the inappropriateness of the situation only after discussing it with his partner. In one instance, the suspect allegedly offered to perform sexual acts on a customer, which was promptly declined.

The investigation also revealed a customer who physically resisted the suspect’s advances by striking him in the chest. Geng’s response, as recounted by the customer, was a gesture to be quiet by placing a finger to his lips and making a shushing sound.

Many customers disclosed their hesitance to report the incidents earlier due to embarrassment. However, their collective accounts provided the basis for further action.

A significant breakthrough in the case came when a complainant shared a screenshot of a Google business review mentioning the masseuse’s name as “Andy.” Investigators confirmed that Geng, who also went by Andy, was the sole male masseuse at the establishment.

When interviewed by the police in April, Geng denied the allegations, describing the complainants as “dissatisfied customers.” He acknowledged that some customers had previously requested sexual acts from him, which he claimed to have consistently refused.

In May, investigators learned that Geng had relocated to California shortly after the April interview. The case was subsequently referred to the Washington County Attorney’s Office for a comprehensive review, leading to Geng’s formal charges on May 31.

Local authorities issued a no-bail warrant for Geng’s arrest. This warrant was later discovered in the National Crime Information Center by Los Angeles officers, who arrested Geng in California. Detectives from Washington City traveled to Los Angeles to pick up the suspect and returned him to Utah.

Geng was booked into the Purgatory Correctional Facility and remains in custody without bail.

The case is a stark reminder of the importance of thorough investigations and the courage of individuals in reporting inappropriate behavior. Geng now awaits further legal proceedings, where he will have the opportunity to present his defense.

It should be noted that individuals arrested or charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.